Options for entering buildings

Get a plasma cutter or some thermite.

you can kick it from the inside tho XD

1 Like

Shotguns should do twice as much damage to wooden doors. But not if they’re loaded with slugs.

3 Likes

If you had a suppressor, it would only make a slightly less incredible amount of noise. Suppressors lower the sound volume, but don’t completely eliminate it. The main use for suppressors is an extra level of hearing protection, best combined with ear plugs and ear muffs.

I, for one, really don’t want magic hush tubes in Unturned 4.x.

2 Likes

Slugs can just as easily door-bust, but need to be aimed at critical points (hinges or doornob area)

2 Likes

Nice! Just please disable for any re-enforced variants.

I was gonna say dont suggest rams and sledgehammer, but if it only works on basic then fine

Maybe the doors when kicked are not “destroyed” they just need repair (object won’t delete). Unless you want them to pop off the hinges and fly away like the tires… Which might be fun… (If was kicked above a certain threshold?).

But I just don’t want to see a vary patient naked kick down all the metal doors in my base, if you know what I mean.

Because I myself whould abuse that (and have) on several occasions (remember back when you could destroy ANYTHING with your fists? Well I actually did…

Base raid with my fists before… Multiple times…

Bad times all around.

1 Like

you know, just imagine jumping through a window in a mall… or maybe driving a car through it XD
I really dunno.

1 Like

Raiding idea from a little while back :thinking:

1 Like

This post doesn’t mean raiding xdxd it means normal buildings that are locked and barricaded.

1 Like

Why not just mangle your character and crawl the vents silently, make broken machine noises and look like a Robot. Or we could just wear less heavy stuff, put on light clothing like Ninja or Spec-Ops attire. You know what i’m refering too ayye!

1 Like

Still valid with regular buildings, I don’t think why would you make a door when you can pull one off the hinges in a city somewhere

1 Like

This idea alone is pretty much cool. Would like to see buildings doors to be randomly barricated\locked (and by randomly I mean that the thing will be really random, not always the same doors of the same houses), but then if we want a door kicking option (and we do), there should also be a silent counterpart for it.

The only other way I think that having a “quick doorkick entrance feature” would have sense is by making the “open normally” animation sorta slow.

1 Like

Have to say something but… It’s pretty much impossible to kick a door down quietly… Unless I misread what you said :confused:

Well if kicking doors is a fast loud way to enter buildings, what could be a good option to enter slowly and in silence?

picking locks

1 Like

Yep, that’s the quiet way.

thank you.

Now, the question is how?
We could have different stages of picklocking/forcing locks. I immagine a “level 1” skill based on using a crowbar, a “level 2” based on lockpiks, and “level 3” based on the skill of making fake keys for the door. I used quotation marks cus ofc in II there wont be real skill levels like in 3.0, it was just to give the idea of progression.

Thing is, that beside the unlocking skill and locked doors, there should always be an option to open slowly and silently a door, and that door should have a RNG chance of making noise.

Prying a door open with a crow bar is a completely different skill from locksmithing.

I think that a phase thing would be much better then just giving to players lockpicking from the start, or as the only skill you must unlock to then be able to open any locked door (not bases ofc), that’s why of my 3 levels idea. You are still unlocking the door in someway even with a crowbar, could be a thing done slowly like in “This war of mine”.

Maybe you could find instruction manuals that give skills after you read them, like 7 days to die. But it would need to be different so there’s no copyright.