Suggestion / Discussion regarding civilization / the advancement of player progression

Being a big group guy, I’d love to see something along the lines of being able to form something bigger than running around and looting all day. Something a bit bigger than at max having 4 teammates and a relatively good base. I’d love to be able to see people unite together and actually advance as a civilization rather than bands of random sporadic tribal-like clans of players. I wouldn’t point to Rust as an example, but something similar to that. Whereby one person can’t advance too far on their own and would need to join together to accomplish goals and progress through the map and or go up the “food chain”. Though I very much like the up-gradable workshop sort of idea from rust, forcing players to build bases and needing actual materials before they can build more advanced things. Though I still would enjoy it if people were still able to live their freelancer one-man-team lives.

I also would appreciate something to prevent an extreme case of “diminishing returns” for these kinds of advancements. idk how to explain it well, but currently in Unturned we all can see very diminishing amounts of advancement as you finish building a base. All there is left is to build more and more storages and more and more weapons till you get raided. The only thing left to make your group more “efficient” or “advanced” is to stockpile more and more ammo / guns / raiding materials.

poorly worded but I hope you get the point. post’s purpose is to

1. discuss if people think such a thing should be in Unturned 4. Should people be able to advance or evolutionize further than just tribal running around killing each other and what not, or should people be able to horde together into large groups and get some real progress done

2. If so, how should the game allow this? What kind of mechanics or resources or ideas would have to be in place for the game to be that way?

7 Likes

Would be interesting for there to be worse “nomad” versions for machines or things that you would need to build in your base. As an example, if thread is needed to repair/make clothes, the base version would be a spinning wheel with the nomad version being a distaff and spindle, which would be worse than the spinning wheel but would still get the job done, just to let people choose whichever play style they desire.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t making the game harder promote people to band together to survive?

5 Likes

It would, but that wasn’t particularly the idea behind what I was trying to convey or explain as my idea for what the game should be. I was thinking more of being able to progress farther and become more meta than looting with people actually having some sort of governing and major cooperation amongst people. The only real cooperation you have now is players dropping a blowtorch so you can craft some storage locker, or getting your back after someone shoots you. Thats pretty low on the tiers / pyramid of evolution so to speak. idk…

As the leader of a large clan I am sorta disappointed. There are many things preventing even the most willing and able groups to progress or get too far. Theres some sort of net or filter stopping us. I really don’t know how to explain it, only other leaders kinda get what I mean.

Though no, not always will making the game harder make people team. Theres tons of examples out there and I’m a little too sleepy to find them lol

Thats sort of, in a way, one of the ways to accomplish what I am thinking of. More so thinking of the “worse” version being the normal version, while the distaff and spindle is the much more efficient / better version (faster, and outputs more for the same input)

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.